SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colloquor

Hi-End Honda or Toro Walk-Behind?

Colloquor
10 years ago

I've owned a Toro SuperRecycler 20033 push mower since 2003, and it's been an excellent mulching mower. No problems, and it still looks, and works, almost like new. Due to some recent spine surgery, and other health issues, I'm now in the market for a self-propelled push-mower - no room for a rider - and am looking at either the Toro 20384 or the Honda HRX217HZA. I've looked at both, and there's some evidence of cost-efficiencies with the Toro, but I like - and, my wife does too - the operator simplicity of the Personal Pace drive system over the a more complicated control systems of the Honda. Other than quality and reliability - and, cost of repair - the most significant concern is the ease of using the mower while backing up. At least 10 to 15% of my mowing is while backing up due to all of the obstructions on our property.

Any suggestions, real-life experiences, and thoughts regarding this would sincerely be appreciated before I go out and spend between $630 and $850. I am sure this has been covered in other posts...

Thanks.

Comments (21)