SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doraalg

I need sink advice - spending WAY too much time on this

A G
5 years ago

I will be using a stainless steel sink in my kitchen remodel. I am having a terrible time selecting one. I am afraid I will discover I have made a mistake after the quartz counter is cut and then I am stuck. I also am thinking I should go with something from a manufacturer likely to be around for a while should there be an issue in five years or so, they can help resolve with a similarly sized sink.

I have shopped several places and done research on the web. While there are a few to select from that seem to meet the criteria I have identified in my research, Costco is carrying Hahn sinks and the prices are beyond competitive. They were in the roughly $400 to $700 range but it looks like Costco may be closing them out and they are now around $250 to $350. The are 16 gauge, lower luster which they say will not show scratches as much as high luster, have sound deadening pads and have a spray coating to stop condensation build-up. I called Hahn and if I remember correctly, the stainless steel comes from Korea (I may not have that right). The reviews look good but I cannot find ANYTHING else about these sinks on the web and no one else who carries them. I also looked at Kohler and Elkay. They are much higher in price. Anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Comments (13)