SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lladuke27

Kitchen renovation is almost done...still can’t figure out backsplash

Lori LaDuke
5 years ago

My kitchen/family room renovstion is almost done. Stainless appliances are being delivered next week. I was hoping to have backsplash installed first, but am just so stumped with what to do! Cabinets are custom shaker painted BM White Dove, counters are Hanstone Italian Waves. Paint On one small section of wall in kitchen and into attached family room is BM Barren Plain.

Here is a photo of the space where backsplash will go

And closeup of counter

backsplash is about 30 sq. Feet total so a small area. Counters have some movement So I don’t want anything to busy to compete.

Here is what I have for backsplash options...sorry for shadow. From L To R: Studio3 3x12 handcrafted in Silver, Zen Pearl 3x6, Equevo Pumice 3x6 (also comes in 2 x8), Daltile Ice Gray (sample is square, but I can order in 3x6 or 2x8 - will take 6 weeks) Daltile Desert Gray (3x6 or 2x8 are in stock)

With under-cabinet lighting on

I like the color And shape of the Studio3 but really think the size is too big for the small space -especially under the window area. I worry about a lot of cuts that will take away from the feel of the tile)

otherwise i am stumped. Do I go lighter (like the Equevo) or darker (the Zen). Originally I was going with the Zen but once the counters were installed I worried it was too dark. Everyone I have asked of my friends picks a different tile. I like the ice gray daltile but if I tell my contractor I won’t have tile for 6 weeks he will flip.

are there any other options you would recommend (that won’t take forecer to order?). Thoughts on 3x6 vs 2 x8

this decision is honestly driving me nuts. I get more confused every day.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH