SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgarstang

Time to Panic. Painters coming Thursday

dgarstang
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Time to panic! The painters are coming Thursday and I'm still trying to finalise colors!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use SW Light French Gray (which has a blue undertone) as the main wall color. I have to pick colors for a small main bathroom, a main bedroom's accent wall(s) and a downstairs living room TV/accent wall.

1. Bathroom

The bathroom has medium brown cabinets. For this reason, I'm pretty much stuck with green/blue and yellow, right? On my short list is SW Comfort Gray, SW Swanky Gray. Any better choices?

2. Bedroom Accent Walls

I want to paint an accent wall behind the bed, but also a half wall on the adjacent side which has a TV. My short list here is SW Babbling Brooke, SW Cadet and SW Gris Morado. I'd like to use the very luxurious purple looking Gris Morado for the accent walls, but my bedroom furniture is Cherry and the main colors in the room are green and blue, so this will clash, right? The blue Babbling Brooke or the blue Cadet would work better, right? I don't want to go too dark (maybe cadet) but if I go lighter (Babbling Brooke), there might not be enough contrast with the Light French Gray. I just did a search on SW's web site and Babbling Brooke isn't there anymore, so looks like I'm stuck with Cadet. :(

3. Downstairs Living Room

And, for the TV wall in the living room, it doesn't matter so much. I was thinking SW Storm Cloud. Again, since most of the decor in the living room is blue, I have to use a blue based TV wall, right? Could the purple Gris Morado (or maybe Special Gray) work here?

And, let's not forget the floor! This is my floor....

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH