SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
h2ofun

Panic! Paint colors

h2ofun
14 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums but have been lurking since starting to build my new lake home. You all have such great taste and wonderful ideas! My home is very open with lots of windows and mulitple floors due to narrow lot. I am at the paint stage and due to the lighting issues went with a brighter/darker then I would have normally chosen. The painters have started and now I am in a panic! I do not know if these will work! I am going to try and post pics with selections not only of paint but of the rooms and cabinetry/flooring/tile choices. But basics are: the kitchen cabs are SW Westhighland White, basically a Shaker style with Bahia brown granite. Floors are Buckskin Cherry laminate. Fireplace surround and trim throughout house is Westhighland white. Lower level walkout snack bar is same shaker cab but in natural maple with autumn indian summer laminate tops and glass backsplash. LL fireplace is slate, floor tiles are Serenghetti sunset. Carpeting on guest and master level is Smartstrand yacht club (light)

The main paint chosen was SW Sands of Time and it is much darker then I thought. The bedrms: blue is SW Regale blue and much brighter, the green is SW Springtime and much yellower. Blue bedroom is lakeside and green is behind it with limited light. The Sands of time runs top to bottom in the core of the house so is most important!

Here is a link to pics I uploaded (hope it works!)

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af41/h20fun/

New samples to look at today: SW Kilin Beige SW Nomadic Desert for main areas. Or what do you think of Jersey Cream in keeping with "cottage" look? Main area will be $500 to change!

Bedrooms: new samples: SW Upward and SW Honeydew.

Sorry for the length, I appreciate any and all advice and promise to post pics as project progresses.

Comments (7)