SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soltechsolutions

Need help designing our new space (renovated silk mill)!

Hi Houzzers,

I’m reaching out because we have a month to move into our new office space and we get to redesign it from scratch. The building is an old renovated silk mill with beautiful hardwood floors, plenty of space (777 sq ft) and tall 15ft ceilings. I’ve attached some photos as well as a basic floor plan that I quickly sketched up in a free program.

We’re a plant light company so incorporating plants is a must. I’ve attached an apartment featured Apartment Therapy that I think would be great to replicate. (Fun fact: she actually has one of our lights in her bedroom!)

Our budget is under $5000 (ideally $3500) and would have to seat 4 of us with room for 2 part-time interns, an assembly area, testing area, kitchen area, and space for inventory; but those are things we could probably figure out since they’ll be more industrial in nature. Figuring out a clean modern style with some beautiful office furniture and decorations would be a beautiful way to start off in our new digs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Paul

Comments (17)