SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollyandelsalove

Ikea cabinets "how it works" confusion

Lexi A
5 years ago

I have been looking at base units and had chosen 2 configurations I liked - meaning one had 3 drawers, and the other had 6 same size small drawers. Then I had narrowed down the door styles to a few different ones, such as Ekestad, Torham and Grevsta. But when I looked at the base units again (online) it showed only certain "fronts" to them, none of which I want.

I thought you got the base units separately and the door units separately and they all worked together.

Does each style of door only work with some drawer sizes? How do you get the base unit that you need to use with the styles I'm considering? Do I have to buy a whole unit with doors I don't like and buy additional doors that I do like? :( I can't go to the store right now but for certain reasons I've got to make some decisions asap.

I was going to get 2 of the base units and a few of the door styles, and then return the doors I don't like. (I'm only getting 2 small base units and an oven support frame right now.) There doesn't seem to be ANY Ikea number you can call for help. Thanks.

Comments (6)