SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shead

Porch ceiling color - haint blue, Eider White, or other?

shead
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Trying to finish up our house exterior remodel in order to be market ready in 3-4 weeks. We've painted our brick SW Repose Gray (love it) and now need to choose ceiling colors for front and back porch. The ceilings are going to have 1x4's installed on the existing exterior drywall for a board and batten look and all the trim is SW Pure White. I would prefer a contrast on the ceiling with the trim. We live "where the real South begins" so haint blue porch ceilings are traditional in this area. I am concerned, though, about clashing undertones that will reflect and make the Repose Gray go purple, which it has a tendency to do anyway.

If if I went a haint blue, I'd choose something along the lines BM Sleigh Bells, BM Quiet Moments, or BM Gray Wisp because they seem to have gray/green undertones. For more whites, I'm considering SW Eider White (same card as Repose Gray) or SW Aesthetic White. Another option would be to paint it Repose Gray as well. DH isn't fond of blue all that much so he is skeptical about painting it such.

Any advice?

Edited to add that windows will have shutters painted SW Dovetail.

Comments (21)