SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Please please help me replace my range

gellchom
6 years ago

I am going absolutely bananas trying to replace the range in our kitchen island.

The range we have, which is almost dead, is a Thermador dual-fuel 30" drop-in. It has a built-in pop-up exhaust.

Never mind about the exhaust. I just need a new range.

We prefer gas or dual fuel, but as far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a drop-in anymore that isn't electric. So that's question number 1:

1) Is there a gas or dual-fuel drop-in range available?

If I have to switch to electric, I'm somewhat comforted by the rumor that electric burners are a lot better than they used to be.

2) Is that true? Will I not hate electric?

If I don't or can't go with an electric drop-in, then my only other choice is a slide-in. But my counter is 34 3/4" high and they are all 36" -- or are they?

3) How nuts will a stove that sticks up over an inch drive me? I did notice that the range we have now sticks up about 1/4-1/2", and I've never even noticed it.

I've already had one stove brought out and had to return it because they couldn't make it work for some reason. So I paid a very good appliance store to have someone come out and inspect everything so I could know what my options are, and all they told me was that they don't carry any gas or dual fuel stoves that would work and not stick up.

So I figured that I would get much better advice here from all of you! You're more knowledgeable and more helpful.

What can you tell me?

Thanks so much in advance.

Comments (13)