SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordancr4

HELP! Fiddle Leaf Fig is dying :(

jordancr4
6 years ago

I think I might be killing my Fiddle Leaf Fig. I’ve had it for about 2 - 3 mos. I kept it by a east facing back entry door with windows occasionally moving to get more morning sun next to a larger window. I’ve tried to be careful about over watering since I’ve done that with other plants in the past. But I still could be guilty. I’ve watered it 5-6 so times since I got it. Last week I noticed the leaves starting to brown. Mostly around the edges but in some other places too. It had been about two weeks since I watered it, so I took it outside watered it and left it for the day. That was this past weekend.
Yesterday and today I’ve noticed more brown spots and the new growth appears to now be affected. I also took it outside for a bit yesterday at the edge of my porch patio.
It's going down hill and today I've freaked out and cut off the lower leaves with the bigger brown spots. Doing that I noticed small reddish brown spots on the underside of the leaves and on the new growth.
Did I burn the leaves when I left it outside?! I think it may be too much direct sunlight and/or a watering problem. It was sunny and about 70s here this weekend.
I ust ordered a moisture reader, hope that helps with the watering.
Help?!? How do I save my plant instead of starting over?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio