SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgiacomini1

First time home owner, where do I begin????

rgiacomini1
6 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We moved into our house in January in Mn and didn't really get a good look at the lawn prior to moving in. Now that spring has finally sprung we realize we have a lot of work ahead of us. The house we moved into was empty for a while so it doesn't appear as if any lawn work was done last fall. After talking to the neighbor is sounds like there was an overrun area of the lawn that they just cut down because they thought people would not want to deal with it if they saw how over run it was. There also used to be an above ground pool that did some left an area in pretty bad shape. Where do I begin? Should I rake all the leaves up then mow? Should I mow with a bag to pick up the leaves? How do I go about repairing the bad areas? Use a thatcher? Aerate? Fertilize? Seed? I've attached some photos to give you some perspective. The photos with the lattice is where the pool used to be. The other ones are where it was over grown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have zero lawn care experience and I really want my first yard to be one that I can be proud of.

Comments (2)