SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehedgespeth

Need painting ideas for 80's brick ranch

Geo Hedges
6 years ago

Hello. I am stuck on trying to decide what color to paint the trim and non-bricked parts of the house and garage. I am thinking black but not sure how that would look with the brown brick. I like black homes and buildings but have not been able to find anything close to what it would look like on our home. I know it would look nicer to paint the gutters but would prefer not to. I am not against the brown if I can come up with a color

that will match the gutters. However I don't want everything brown. The landscaping and the deck need a makeover as well but this needs to be done in stages due to our budget. So we have decided on paint first.

Below are future ideas we have but open to suggestions.

I plan on the deck being a dark natural wood color with black railing and spindles. (picture attached of what I am thinking)

The wife would like a dark red front door. Will be painting what we have.

I like shutters but not this style. I am open to removing them but can't afford to replace them yet.

The garage and house foundation I plan on staining. Not sure what color yet. depends on the paint I guess.

I plan on adding a storm door with a mostly glass front.

The bushes and large tree next to the house I want to remove.

I plan on having a light brown mulch or some type of rock in the landscaping. I love black mulch but it is a pain to keep clean especially in the fall. We live in southern IN.

Thanks for any suggestions! and sorry if too much information.

What I am thinking for the deck below

Comment (1)