SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_pickett6500621

Adjacent Mis-Matched Wood Floors; How to Create Flow?

Jessica
6 years ago

I'm somewhat hesitant to post this, but really looking for advice on my current flooring situation. Please don't post commentary on changing the floors as both floors have already been invested in more than I'd like to admit and at this point not really where we are in decisions to be made. Right now we have all hardwoods on the main floor except for the kitchen. Hardwoods are natural, no stain, mixture of red and white oak. The kitchen we have is LVP wood looking flooring. While I really do like the look of the LVP, it's the area right next to the hardwoods that I'm unsure if it just looks off. I think the hardwoods look extremely yellow next to the kitchen flooring but I don’t know at this point if there's anything that can be done to minimize that or make it look intentional in a good way. Maybe with décor in our kitchen and/or dining room or any ideas I'm looking for options other than changing the floors. The kitchen still has items to be complete: baseboards/trim (white as in rest of house), cabinet hardware (currently to be: stainless steel bars), lighting and backsplash. So what would you do/is there anything to 'help' with the esthetics of these two rooms with distinctly different colors? The grey tone of the kitchen (imo) does somewhat pull off from the dark graining lines of the hardwood floors, but I don't know if that's enough to help the flow. Could you see adding anything wood to either room to help pull this together somehow? Maybe I'm grasping at straws and I just need to get used to it all...

Comments (4)