SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawker185

Totally stumped - how to coordinate new kitchen floor with LR/DR wood?

Sally Hindman
6 years ago

I am stumped (and frustrated) as I try to select flooring for my kitchen remodel that will look good with new LR/DR wood flooring. My builder likes Coretec Luxury Vinyl Tile wood-look planks for the kitchen and I do, too - good looking, waterproof and durable. I am also having real wood flooring installed in the adjacent LR/DR and entryway. The rooms are not open to each other; there are two doors out of the kitchen, one to DR and one to entry/LR. I found a Coretec wood plank that is perfect with the new kitchen, but can't find real wood with color tones to coordinate with it - and vice versa! I'm concerned that having LVT wood-look and real wood meeting at the doors will not look good. Am I worrying too much? I think LVT stone-look in the kitchen would work better, but I can't find any that looks, well, like stone! Do you have ideas of LVT stone-look tile that looks good? I need medium to dark gray-brown and tiles that are 18" square or larger. Wide plank is fine, too. I'm not set on Coretec, but something rigid-core/clic-lock, not peel and stick. You will save my sanity if you can help!! Many thanks!

Comments (12)