SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Fine Dining? Feh!

This is an appetizer from the one of the two high end dining venues at the resort in Jamaica we go to several times a year. The actual food is rabbit over polenta with some other stuff. I have no idea what the pale yellow rabbit ears were made of, I hope they weren't some shaved intestines. The serving dish is 16" in diameter! The appetizer is consumed, even by the daintiest among us, with one bite.

What's the purpose???

Because the resort is all-inclusive and I really like rabbit, I ordered 6 of these to start. I had rack of lamb for an entree - 2 bones with one bite of meat at the end of each - I ordered 4 of those. Normally, we avoid this restaurant and eat at the buffets, but it was our 5th Anniversary and I agreed, grudgingly, to eat there.

I have always said that I'm not a chef. I'm a cook. Give me raw ingredients and I will cook them for you. I will serve them on plate and give you the option of fork or fingers. I have traveled the world and eaten in many fine restaurants and I just don't get the whole presentation thing. Man, if I'm going into a restaurant, it's because I'm hungry. If I want artwork, I'll go to a museum. I love the chefs who post here. They're a talented bunch who certainly know how to decorate a plate, but when it all comes down to it, I'm not satisfying my hunger with the 3 little drops of sauce or the shaved fig branch.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus