SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irissto

Speaking of kids eating in grocery stores. And eating the fruit.

I was going to ask in the peanut butter threat, but thought it was a bit too off topic. Behind me at the register was a lady with her probably 2.5 to 3 year old boy in one of the special shopping carts that I think are supposed to be a car. Kid facing forward with the steering wheel. The little boy was smearing a banana all over the place. The lady had the peel in her hands. Once we moved forward far enough for her to put the groceries on the band, she stuffed the peel in her purse. I had two questions in my mind. Is she going to clean up that cart? Honestly there was banana coming out between his fingers, then he was banging on the steering wheel, turn around to look at mom and smearing it on the back of the seat. No peanut butter, but if it was that might be a problem for the next kid with allergies. Second question was how to pay for the banana. She had a bunch in the cart, so I guess she could take one off and have the cashier put that on the scale and pay after paying for the other ones? My daughter twice wanted to try grapes before buying since the ones we had before “tasted weird”. One time I asked the produce guy since he was around, the other I told the cashier and asked if she could add one grape or hold her finger on the scale or something. So how do people handle this? I have seen customers try all kinds of fruits before.

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!