SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharron08

NM Window Selection Help PLEASE!

sharron08
6 years ago
I am in the process of starting to build a custom home valued around $875ish. I want a window that has a black exterior with white interior. My builder is recommending vinyl windows-either Ply Gym or Jeld-Wen, and he isn’t recommending black for the exterior as our New Mexico sun is EXTREMELY HARSH!!! Being that the vinyl will be painted, which I didn’t know, he says it will peel. As I started doing more research on windows for myself, because, I want what I want, I have more concerns. 1. For the level of home that I’m building, are vinyl windows acceptable? 2. If so, I’m looking at Anderson 100 Series, which seems to have the color baked into the material. Any thoughts on this window or a comparable/better window? 3. If not vinyl, any advice on what type of window we should do? Our home is a Modern Mediterranean, so wood or metal inside, or vinyl for that matter would be fine. I just want to make sure I won’t have to worry about the integrity of the black exterior peeling, fading, or rusting. Thanks for the help!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths