SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sima_hasher

Please help with master shower remodel and tile selection!

Sima Hasher
6 years ago

I am having trouble posting with pictures. Will add them to the comments.

Wow, I love this forum. Thanks to everyone who puts forth so much help to those in need! I am working on a complete master shower remodel. It’s completely torn out and awaiting a contractor to put it back together. I have solicited a bunch of contractors and will be trying to pick one soon. In the meantime I have a few other things to figure out and would love some advice.

My inspiration room: https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-bathroom-contemporary-bathroom-ottawa-phvw-vp~11292367

The shower is 6’6” X 9 X 10’ high. Tile will go to the ceiling (but not on the ceiling). I want to use as much large format tile as possible to reduce the grout lines.

Anyway here are my questions:

To curb or not to curb? My house is on TJI’s and therefore would require a tremendous amount of demo, plumbing and structural revisions to lower the floor enough to have zero transition. Is there another way of doing this that I should look into? FWIW, I am fine with having a curb because I plan to add glass to it later. I know that curbless is huge now and want to make sure I cover my bases.

Window? While I have the bathroom torn apart. It occured to me that I could enlarge our bathroom window very inexpensively. $329 for the window and another couple in misc.supplies, and a day worth of work, I could have it done. Our view out the front is wooded and private. It’s the north side of the house, so not a ton of extra light, but I feel it would be a nice addition for the small investment. I’ve attached a couple of drawings showing the options.

See comments.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts