SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelleyjr

Ceiling Paint Color?

shelleyjr
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Please help! I have never added color to a ceiling and I don't know the rules, yikes!!!

The larger 2BD/2BA condo we want to buy will be available late summer early fall 2018. We are already own a smaller unit in the same complex so we are aware of how these look on the inside.

I would like to get a jump on things as far as paint colors and flooring. Which we always do before moving in. So here is what I have in mind;

The condo has 9' ceilings with crown moulding throughout.

I have chosen SW 7648 Big Chill for Living/Dining /Kitchen/Baths.

Bedrooms SW 6806 Rhythmic Blue.

All trim/crown moulding/baseboards/doors in SW 7757 High Reflective White.

I was thinking of adding a little Rhythmic Blue paint to white for the ceiling? I am trying to keep everything cool and crisp when it is hotter than H E double toothpicks in PHX!

I got a sample of SW 6806 Rhythmic Blue and some base white. I used 3 parts white to one part blue. Painted a poster board with it and it looks great; a very subtle blue/violet tint.

I think doing the bedrooms with the walls at full strength Rhythmic Blue and the diluted blue ceiling will work. The question is, will the light blue tinted ceiling work with Big Chill? Unless this is a major no no! I am little nervous about it.

The natural light is only on one SW facing side. I don’t think this condo will get full light since there is a huge tree that is blocking some of the light to the only 3 windows/sliders of this condo. The sliding glass doors are taller than the standard since this is the only natural light to the condos besides one window in bedroom #2. FYI, we are assuming that bedroom #2 has a window that faces the patio even though it isn't drawn in the floor-plan below. This is how it is in our current unit.

Thanks for any insights you can offer, it is greatly appreciated.

Below are the floor plan and the colors that I have chosen. Many thanks!

Rhythmic Blue walls in a bedroom.

These are the color chips laid on the poster board of 25% strength Rhythmic Blue. The edges of the poster board were curling up and causing shadows.

Comments (3)