SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elleewa

help me with these IKEA deco strips - unusual idea for install

elleewa
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My house is currently in the running for most disorderly remodel in history. I'm so ready to be done and had an idea for attaching the end of cabinet cover panels and trim to the top, but I cannot find any photos or anyone who has done this:

The grimslov matching deco strips - 2.5 inches (or so) tall, the side panels to cover ends of upper cabinets can extend below and attach the deco strips in between. Is there any reason I cannot instead install them even with the cabinet bottoms, extend them above and attach the deco strips in between them? So I guess it would just look like the light rail application except on the top. I'm so tired of cabinet install and just want to be done. I dont' know if I am explaining myself right. I have not cut any of the deco yet and they are so long I can't get a visual.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would it look unfinished or sloppy/lazy? I can take it. The other option is just to add blocking and our own trim. I can't find a photo of what I'm talking about anywhere. Our cabinets will not go to the ceiling as they are too high and I didn't stack

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES