SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlcallow

Replacing shake, but what color should I do?

jlcallow
6 years ago

Hi there, my husband and I built a beautiful story and a half home out in the country last year and had to sell due to health reasons. We settled into a ranch in a sub-division but we bought one of the older homes in the neighborhood. When I say older I'm only talking 13 yrs old. We love the house but the exterior just isn't our style. We plan on keeping the siding color because it will be too costly to change. We are looking into changing up the exterior in other areas.

Other views of the siding...

Better picture of the roof... it is more brown with some red in it.

Our plan is to change the current vinyl shake to a different style and color. We are thinking about going with a brown for the shake, possibly the Weathered Blend or Cedar Blend. It is Novik Vinyl Shake, that is what the contractor is using. I just can't think of anything else that will go with this siding color. The siding is a tan but has some peach undertones.

For the trim, I love white trim but I don't know that it will work here. Maybe an off white or cream? We will be picking colors from Sherwin Williams.

We do plan on replacing the stone with a product from Prestige Stone Products, it's a stone veneer.

Here is a photo of what we are planning on replacing it with...

This one is kodiak ridge...

or this one, antique jade...

We just like more of a classic, clean look. Tan isn't my favorite so I'm struggling with this one. I'm not a designer so any ideas and advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here is a pic of our house we built to give an idea of our style.

clean look. I'm not a designer so I would appreciate any ideas or advice, thanks in advance!

Comments (2)