SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palominovet

Please help before finalizing kitchen design?

hss222
6 years ago

Thanks for all the help recently. We are gradually getting it narrowed down to a plan.. but still not done. Dining room is to right of drawing and den/garage to the left. We need a walkway. Current walkway is 29.5 and narrows to 25 where the trash can is currently kept. I have a walk in pantry (used to be a hallway but someone closed it in).

We need a larger walkway but we need a better kitchen layout too. I actually like the design below. But I need to see if the 13x24 wall on the lower left can be shortened to 16 deep instead of 24. And maybe could have 34.5 inch walkway on each side. We could choose a non traditional island as suggested here that is narrower and lose prep sink. We really need that lower bank of cabs for storage as well as for a landing spot for coffee maker etc as it will keep people away from cooking area. I can see myself being much happier with this layout than the current one.. but I will never have a 42 inch walkway around the whole island. Is it remodeling suicide to do this? Have any of you done it?

Current kitchen...

My ivar pantry that I really can’t lose..

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!