SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmgbrd5

need help with final kitchen design please!

hmgbrd5
10 years ago

I've been obsessed with this site since I found it. There's so much information and recommendations here that it's helpful AND overwhelming at times! I LOVE the finished kitchen area and seeing all you guys have done!

We recently had a cast iron sewage line under our slab have to be torn out and replaced. We were about 10 years (when kids are out of the house and through or nearly through with college) away from a kitchen remodel, but since insurance is paying for the flooring & counters to be replaced and some other things, we figured we'd go on and try to do a frugal reno now (We can upgrade some items later).

Below is our kitchen layout now. Then the way we've planned to renovate. I'm keeping my black french door frig, replacing all other appliances with stainless/black.
I've planned for white cabinets and thought I wanted black countertops, but have recently began to question it and now I THINK I want white. I plan on buying a pickled blue hutch and to do the same treatment to the island with a butcher block top. Brick flooring.

I wanted copper accents, but am afraid copper is too much at this time. So I THOUGHT about having shiny copper pendants over the island and copper hardware on the cabinets. Will this look odd? Then I worried that I'm mixing traditional with rustic/french country/whatever and that the white counters are too formal and the copper will be out of place.
What are your ideas? Thanks!

This post was edited by hmgbrd5 on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 16:06

Comments (15)