SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Got my Hortico roses today!

bethnorcal9
6 years ago

Wow. I was in shock when I saw the shipping charges. This probably will be my last order from them. I got 4 replacement roses for ones that didn't break dormancy last yr, plus I ordered 8 more. Shipping was $56.42! Yikes! And these aren't even potted roses, they're light weight bareroots. One very wonderful surprise in the order tho... I had ordered the florist rose FANTASY to replace one I got yrs ago that died last yr (or the yr before?) but Nicole told me they had crop failure on that variety. But... apparently Fatima found one little grade #2 that made it, and they gave it to me for free! I will definitely have to baby it for sure. I got lowered prices on a couple of the DAs I ordered due to them being low grade. But hey! That's cool. Also got an extra JAYNE AUSTIN due to them being so small. They did that last yr with my GINGER... got 2 plants and both are healthy monsters right now! Soo... even with the high shipping charges, I'm happy!! They're all out soaking in a bucket of water. Will either pot them up or stick them in one of the raised beds I use for veggies tomorrow. Only doing a few tomatoes in huge nursery pots this yr, so the raised beds give me lots of room to put new roses til I can get them planted.

Here's what I got:

Replacements:

ROTARY SUNRISE

MOODY BLUE

OVER THE MOON

PARADE CL

New roses:

OLIVIA ROSE AUSTIN

THE LADY GARDENER

THE POET'S WIFE

JAYNE AUSTIN X2

CROCUS ROSE

CRESSIDA

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

ROYAL KATE as a sub for the original order of FANTASY

FANTASY - bitty little thing..

Now if the warmer weather would just hold and not go back to cold and rainy this week as predicted.....

Comments (12)