SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
easttn_late_bloomer

New to roses and this forum. Just got my first...Julia Child roses

I have been trying to figure out this forum. I think I found the right place.

I bought a house last fall and it had no flowers, shrubs, etc. I spent the winter trying to figure out what to get. Then I went to Phoenix a few weeks ago and the hotel had rows and rows of yellow roses in varying shades. It was love at first sight!

I googled like mad and finally found Julia Child roses. They are amazing! I ordered them right away and they arrived today. Thanks to this great forum I knew to amend the (red clay) soil with gypsum, manure, compost etc. I did that weeks ago and also added some potting soil and garden soil (all organic). They will get about 6-7 hours of morning to afternoon sun in east Tennessee (it gets hot here!) with late afternoon/evening shade.

I cannot believe how excited and happy this makes me. All because I saw and became smitten with a rose! Now, let's hope hope hope I don't have a black thumb!!!!!!

One photo shows one Julia Child rose with two of the 4 campanula my son bought me for Mother's Day (this is going to look so good when they all grow up. Does anyone know if the campanula (Get Mee) will be invasive?

The other photo is the view of the driveway/walkway with all 3 rose bushes. I am the first house in my neighborhood so everyone is going to see them...every day!

Did anyone else get an instant obsession like this? Am I going to need therapy for this one day? lol

Comments (16)