SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillianfl

HELP! Need new shower flooring choice instead of marble hex!

jillianfl
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Midway House · More Info

After reading the scary posts about marble hex being a no no at least for shower floor, I have been successfully scared away from it. I don't trust the installers (who are subs of our builder) and have bad online reviews, I'm far away and can't oversee what they are doing, so don't trust them to do it right. My original plans were to do marble hex over entire bathroom floor and shower floor, with white 4x8 subway for shower tile and tub surround (it has to be tile surround for tub they won't do anything else). So I'm desperate to find a new idea for a shower floor instead of marble hex!?! I could keep the marble hex on the bathroom floor itself because I don't think they can screw that up that bad since there won't be a drain/ wet issue, but I could also do porcelain marble look alike instead I guess, but I need a new material by tomorrow for the shower floor itself and have no idea what to do there! I feel like 3 different tiles would be a design no no. I really was hoping for marble hex floors for the bathroom floor but maybe it doesn't hold up well there either, look but I definitely don't want it for shower floor itself now... If I change floor material from hex I would do 12x24 porcelain carrara look for all floor tile but I'd still need shower floor material... Desperate for shower floor advice!! PLEASE HELP haha :) (photos below are bath photos I like and I would do similar wall colors but haven't decided which) Also, we will have an alcove shower, separate tub (but not claw foot or anything it will have the 4x8 subway surround also) and white double vanity with msi carrara vincenza quartz top (mostly white with super light grey veining, no black or dark grey in it) Thank you!

Beach Style Bathroom · More Info

Sofia Master Bathroom · More Info

Minneapolis Victorian Bathroom Remodel · More Info

Comments (6)