SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

April 2018, Week 2 Better Weather....and Friday the Thirteenth

Hopefully this is the week that Spring weather returns.

Keep your eyes on Friday.....not because there's any foreshadowing of any sort of weather thing that day (it looks like it will be a hot day) but because it is Friday the Thirteenth. With the way April weather started out, I'm keeping a wary eye on that day. I'm hoping April has used up her bag of cruel weather tricks already although I'm probably wrong about that.

Is everyone ready to return to a frost-free garden and start planting? I know that I am. The part of the garden that is planted, well-weeded and well-mulched looks just gorgeous, but the problem is how much unplanted and not so gorgeous space remains to be filled.

I need to reorient my thinking and get my brain reset on planting instead of being so focused on the overnight lows and if/what to cover up and when to uncover. We have had worst Aprils than this---the 2007 April cold spell was a lot longer in my county and followed what had been a really warm March (just like my weather this year, which is food for thought).

I'm still hoping for a long, cool Spring season (not a cold one) like we had in 2002 where we stayed so cool that we had occasional nights in the 40s even in May. It was a great year for a prolonged cool-season harvest well into June, which rarely happens around here.

What's everyone's plans for this new week? Oh, and has anyone heard from Amy lately?

Dawn

Comments (100)