SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robalex

kitchen pendant lights- help!

robalex
6 years ago
Hello!
I’m looking for help on deciding on what lighting pendants to use in my kitchen.

There are pictures, but in case the colours are off, the cabinets are white uppers and dark (ebony stain) lowers, and the fridge side (to the left of the island in the picture) is floor to ceiling dark. The island is 92” long. Hardware is antique brass cup pulls and knobs. Faucets are champagne brass (delta). Counters are white quartz. Behind the picture is an eating area with a thin table (same quartz as the island), iron bistro legs, black bentwood chairs.

I am looking for a classy, classic, but stylish pendants- two of them. Because of the size I suspect I need rather substantial ones. Over the eating area (~5 ft from island) I will have a linear modern brass chandelier, fairly unobtrusive so as to not block the gallery wall.

I have tried ribbed glass spheres (pottery barn), milk glass schoolhouse pendants (PB), plain glass spheres...I’m at a loss. Not sure which direction I should go in. Linen conical pendants (similar to some of the conical ones from rejuvenation), or could I get away with the thin narrrow ribbed glass pendants currently at West Elm (too narrow for the island and space?). I’m in Canada, but could get something from the States if it was the right fit- I hesitate to because nothing yet has worked and I need the return policy!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comment (1)