SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sd390

Kitchen renovation- Pendant light help!!

sd390
5 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks for all your inputs on the granite/ island cabinets/ back splash selection on my previous post- https://www.houzz.com/discussions/granite-advice-for-kitchen-under-renovation-help-please-dsvw-vd~5500609 . We did end up changing the island doors/ panels to white and are going with dark granite.

I would now like to take your advice on pendant lights, given that we are looking to go with white island and black granite. We need two pendants above the island and one above the sink. I am thinking of keeping same fixtures above kitchen island and the sink , which have simple look, to not add too many different elements.

Can you please share your opinion on the attached? Or make a suggestion? Thanks again for all your help.

Here is the link to the fixture I was considering, there are 1 light, 2 lights and 3 light in same pendants, I'd want to go with small 1 light pendant:

https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/hd0/amara-2-light-dome-pendant-l6087-k~wlsg2727.html?refid=GX263467579172-WLSG2727&device=m&ptid=470146491070&network=g&targetid=pla-470146491070&channel=GooglePLA&ireid=56904236&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5PnQyvTx3QIVwWSGCh3TYApREAQYASABEgLBLPD_BwE#ek77z7p7lw-3

Here is the kitchen pic with the fixture photoshopped:

My dilemma:

1. Do I go with oil rubbed bronze color of the pendant shade, which matches closely with the cabinet hardware I am planning

2. These pendants are also available in stainless steel, which would possibly look coordinated with stainless steel appliances, I can also change the cabinet hardware to stainless steel

3. I would not like any glaring/ clear glass shades for the pendant, may be frosted shade to keep it color neutral?

4. Am I overthinking?

Thanks for reading and opining on this!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer