SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nschutt_gw

Number of pendant light(s) over kitchen sink help

nschutt
12 years ago

I have a question about the number of pendant lights over a kitchen sink. We're in the midst of redoing our kitchen. We are going with a 30" single bowl sink. Behind the sink is a tall 33" wide single window with an arched top in a bumpout that extends the soon-to-be-installed granite countertop depth 20" behind the sink to the window. We are going to replace the old faucet with one of those tall pre-rinse spring jobs when the new countertops go in.

Currently I have only recessed can lighting in the kitchen including two cans over the sink. We were thinking of replacing the two oversink cans with a mini pendant (or two). Would it look OK to do two pendants or should I patch the two holes and do one pendant? We are also planning to add three pendants over a section of countertop that wraps around and separates the kitchen from the breakfast area as well as living area. All the pendants will be seen at the same time.

One or two over the sink (three and one or three and two)? Anyone out there with pics of a single kitchen window over the sink with two pendants?

Comments (2)