SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rreidt2002

Logical Laundering......Tips & Methods

6 years ago

Hi there....1st off I am a guy of 67 yrs of age. My mother taught me all the laundry basics when I was quite young as my parents were divorced when I was 6 mos old and my mother often worked double shifts in a factory, so I often did laundry to help out.

OK...Here is how I do laundry:

Whites and only white underwear & white socks....hot water only, liquid detergent and Clorox-no discount bleach crap ( there is a big diff ). I wash for 15 minutes....let it soak for 30 minutes and then restart wash cycle. Add 4 cap fulls liquid Downy ( not the bargain crap ) in rinse. Put all in dryer...simple stuff.

Colors....put in liquid detergent only......wash in cool, not cold water. If very dirty wash for 15 minutes...let soak for 15 minutes...rinse cycle then rinse cycle a 2nd time to remove all detergent ...takes away all leftover soap film...helps in brightening colors. In final rinse add 4 caps fulls of Downy and Purex "Spring Water" scent...a laundry grandular product that REALLY WORKS! ...let them soak in that for 20 minutes and then spin dry. I receive comments all the time-seriously..."my your clothes smell so good and fresh...how did you do that"?

Lastly 1)...I NEVER EVER put in dryer any polo nor t-shirts, nor any casual shirts, casual slacks, velour or cotton spun sweat tops and pants, sweaters, etc of ANY kind...same for ALL other clothing...aggressively shake out wrinkles, button all buttons if any and hang dry only....every color part of clothing.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS----DRYERS RUIN CLOTHES--PERIOD!!..... in shrinkage, wears out quickly all types of material used in mfg of clothing, horribly fades bright colors. Even cheap clothing lasts longer if not put in dryer.

Lastly 2)...If you can, always purchase excellently made clothing from the get go, yes they cost more, but in long run you will save $$$ and don't forget people around you do notice what you wear including the brand name. Cheap clothing often looks just that...Cheap!.....Clothes can make the man!......example: I was a Director of Marketing for my company. When ever I did interviews, one of the 1st things I looked for was how well was this person dressed.

S

Comments (11)