SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdwatchproject

Looking for passionate bird watchers!

Olivia x
6 years ago

Hello friends of the bird watching/birding community. My name is Olivia, I'm a university student and I study Computer Science. I have been passionate about all kinds of animals, especially wildlife and birds since a child, I would often go spotting for birds with my dad and this sparked a real passion that I still hold to this day.

I am currently building an interactive web application as part of my university project for the bird watching/birding community which will offer the option to submit and other user's data on bird sightings. I will be including features like maps and graphs to help display the data aswell as the option to view and search the reported sightings. The motives behind my project are to give the community a place to collaborate, find popular areas for sightings of specific birds and finally to contribute data to the wider knowledge of bird conservation efforts.

If you would like to contribute your feedback towards the development of this project, I would highly appreciate if you could fill in this quick questionnaire:
https://goo.gl/forms/PKHicE0cuvs6TWPW2
(Only 6 questions are non-optional, you may keep your identity anonymous)
I am developing this for the community so the input of real members of the community would mean a lot to me. If you would like to contribute your own sightings to this project, there is an option to leave your e-mail address and I will contact you with instructions but this is completely optional.

I hope this isn't against any rules to post, please do let me know if it is as I want to be respectful. I'm not looking to make any money off of this or profit, this is just something I want to work on out of a personal passion and offer to the community as a free online resource.
I am also aiming towards contributing my collected information to bird conservation efforts. I will be developing this solo for my university project but I plan to continue development into a fully fledged web application and am looking to work with bird conservation organisations as partners in future.

Comment