SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishyjags

First year hummie watcher

fishyjags
18 years ago

WOW!! This is a great place! So glad I found you all. My name is Susie and this is the first year I put out a feeder. I have the feeder on my front porch and until yesterday would only peek thru the mini blinds to see if a hummie was there because my mom told me you have to be very quiet and still or they will fly away. Well, I finally decided to look up some info on them and found out they are very curious and friendly after they get use to you. So yesterday evening I ventured out to sit on the porch and here she( I think) came and the first couple times she saw me flew away quickly. But after that she would hover around and also eat. Tonight I decided to take my camera out with me and I got 4 or 5 pictures!!! And there was not only 1, but 3 HB!!! I was so excited!! I am going to try and get some more tomorrow evening, but closer up. If all my film isn't used up, I think I am going to have to take it and get it developed anyway :) I am just keeping my fingers crossed that at least some of them turned out. I will let you know tomorrow. Hopefully I will figure out how to put one here. These birds are sooo beautiful I can't believe I never noticed them before!! Thanks for having me!!!

Susie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor