SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_4875821

How do you make appliance decisions when there's so many bad reviews?

Delaney B
6 years ago

I'm sorry this is not more specific. At the moment I'm looking at refrigerators. I was going to get an LG but then read a lot of bad reviews about the ones I was looking at, then I was thinking of a Fisher Paykel from Lowes but just read someone on here saying basically hell would freeze over before they buy Fisher Paykel (dishwasher) and they are a horrible company -service wise and design. I could probably find a post like that here or elsewhere (consumer reports, etc) about every brand that exists. It's caused me a lot of ongoing stress. I'm afraid of making decisions especially involving a lot of money, that may bring be even more stress and arguing with people/companies...) so I just keep using the older fridge that freezes stuff in the refrigerator because at least I know how to work with it. But I really want to move forward. How do you make a final choice despite knowing there's at least a few people in the world that hate that company or product? I'm to the point where I may just get on the floor and say a prayer, lol, only half kidding. :/

The only good thing if I buy from Lowes is they give you 30 days no questions asked return/refund. Home Depot gives you hardly any window for returns. Costco may be longer than 30 days but ALL their appliances have bad reviews and choices are very limited. I think BestBuy gives you 14 days or something. There is a general repair company near me but they only work with certain brands. Do you just buy something and cross your fingers?

Comments (18)