SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khush3001

Help! Bad Paint Job! Need to make decision!

Khush Solanki
6 years ago

We are currently getting our kitchen renovated and painted. The painter painted the walls with two coats and primer before the kitchen cabinets were installed. Problem is the walls have a grainy feel. You can see and feel the dirt pieces under the paint coat. There is also dripping paint in some areas and you can see the brush strokes on the window border and some paint even got on our aluminum windows.

I discussed this with the painter, but he advised I am jumping to conclusions and he has not finished yet and these are just small things. If I had just waited he would have redone the sanding and tidied up the paint job at the end once the kitchen was done. I asked him why would you do it again when he could have done it in the first time? His reply was that it's his problem how much extra time and paint would have been used to fix it.

I asked for a refund (for the 50% I paid) but he doesn't agree it's a bad paint job and advised that I don't have the knowledge and he has done many jobs before. I then asked him to correct the paint job, but he advised he will only do it if I pay him the full amount and let him continue with the other tasks of the kitchen (He is also responsible for the ceiling border and his electrician will be doing the electrical part for the kitchen.

Question: Is the painter correct? Or should the painter have done a good paint job in his first time?

Comments (9)