SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_palmier

Chrome or gold finish?

Sarah Palmier
6 years ago

Hi all! My kitchen/informal dining area and my sitting room are 2 separate rooms but have a large archway between them. I was aware that they should have some sort of continuity between them so the accent colour is blue, However, the kitchen has chrome touches in the door knobs, appliances, stool legs, quite a large wall clock, etc. Should I also use chrome in the living room or can I opt for gold? I've seen a coffee table but it is only made in gold (similar to the attached). So far the sitting room is quite neutral (apart from a black metal ethanol fireplace) so there is the option of adding some gold highlights here and there. Would the gold stick out? Should I try to find something in chrome to keep the continuity flowing from the kitchen?

PS: I've already got a large number of Christmas tree decorations from previous years which I'd like to keep as I brought them down from overseas. They're silver, rose gold, and white. The Christmas tree is usually set up between the 2 rooms. Would gold be completely random?

Comments (3)