SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenart

Checkerboard tile in small bath, need color for walls?

Loose Petals LLC
6 years ago

I'm doing a complete remodel and have free range of selecting materials and colors.

I have a transitional (modern retro) style look that I'm going for and found a cute porcelain checker floor, that is small in scaled for a 5x8 bathroom, that compliments my MBR bath and kitchen deco tiles. It has grey decorative splashes throughout to take away stark white and black. I'm not crazy about the brown. The rest of my color palette is primarily greens, which is going into MBR.

I held up some pastel and mid colored blue, green, green swatches, typical bathroom colors but because of the brown they didn't look good. The yellows, golds, and neutral colors worked best, maybe reds but not what I want to see in a bath.

Does anyone have any ideas for complimentary wall paint, cabinet and tiles for tub shower area to

consider for windowless bathroom?

Perhaps it's the wrong look. Solid colors are boring to me, light floors are nice but too hard to stay clean, and some of the ceramic tiles are too big a busy for my small bathroom. But most floors I find that are too plain and common or too large in scale, and I like this floor for the uniqueness, except the brown is a spoiler.

Comments (2)