SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljsemar

If only I had any idea 4 years ago

ljsemar
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My first garden bed is an absolute mess...I started it 4 years ago and it's crazy. It has huge roses that have nowhere near enough space that I am constantly trying to chop back to confine them. At the time I just planted things thinking roses need 2 feet of space on all sides. All roses. Now I have roses like Maggie rose, Ambridge rose, BR Cant and so many others that are turning into monsters that have no space to go. Then randomly planted behind some of them I have much smaller roses that are miraculously still thriving but I can't get to them to care for them much.

I feel like the only way to fix it is to somehow move those giants to someplace where they can spread their beauty far and wide. A task I would be willing to take on if I hadn't already accounted for every other square foot in my garden. What have I gotten myself into? Hopefully I can get some friends to love roses as much as I do because they might have some gifts coming their way. Note to self: roses are not like people. You can't stack them in apartment buildings, make them play the game of twister, teach them to share nicely, take turns or excuse their reach, manners of any kind really. They don't take respite in the shade and they don't scootch over a few inches or feet to accommodate it's fellows.

I probably should have gotten a bachelors degree in roses before planting a single one. At least. Maybe an internship too with someone who knows what they are doing. I still feel like I'm Jon Snow. Now just to decide how many trees are gonna have to go so that I have more sunlight to feed my beloveds. Those more beloved 4 kids of mine need shade to play in and survive the Texas heat though. Life is so difficult.

-Lisa

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022