SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jocelynpalmer

Kitchen cantilever bump out and expansion onto screened in porch

jocelynpalmer
6 years ago

Looking to get some feedback, including potential cost, on expanding our kitchen footprint to include a 2 foot cantilever out the back and converting our screened in porch (currently poured foundation below frost line) to eat in area. We are a 2 cook family and have limited countertop space between the sink and cooktop and just generally not enough countertop surrounding this area for 2 people to work in easily. We also have limited space for our eat in area and I am practically sitting in the family room when we eat meals. Would also love a larger island, but not at the risk of losing the small eat in area we currently have as it is heavily used. I know that working within our current footprint would be less costly, but we don't really have any walls to remove. We live in Lancaster, PA.

Current floor plan is first picture, proposed changes second picture (a little off scale, but hopefully you get the idea)

Thanks for any thoughts! I realize this is preliminary and certainly a GC and an Architect will need to be consulted.

Comments (9)