SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewjagor

Cost to enclose part of existing screened porch?

generals1992
6 years ago
All,

Hypothetical idea here - I’ve got an existing enclosed screened porch with a new roof and existing foundation that is part of the house.

I haven’t seriously considered this as I believe the cost may be astronomical, but thought I’d float the idea on here to see if I could be wrong. I’m considering bumping out the existing house onto part of the porch to allow for a bigger kitchen. As the space already has an existing foundation with a concrete floor (crawl space underneath) as well as a roof, and assuming those were both usable, what would I be looking at as far as cost to remove existing exterior wall and wall in that space?

I know estimates are hard to make and I of course will have an architect/contractor bid it out before making any decisions, but if you have any idea what kind of work might be involved as well as a ballpark of what I might be looking at ($10,000 - $20,000, $30-50, etc.), that would be helpful!

In the pictures below, I’d bump out to the back of the porch on the right side behind where the window is.

Comments (3)