SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elsie321

Decorating above an off-centered bed with a bold duvet print

elsie321
6 years ago

Hi! I've got a smaller room that we use as a guest bedroom/office (there's a desk off to the side that isn't pictured). I'm totally stumped on how to decorate the wall above the bed, for two reasons:

1) the room is too small to center the bed on a wall, so it's pushed to one side

2) I went with a bold duvet, which I like, but a lot of the framed prints I've considered hanging feel like they clash with it.

(In case it's helpful: the walls are a light, minty green with white trim. The bedspread is turquoise with white pattern)

So, my questions:

1) Do I use the center of the bed or the center of the wall as the center point for whatever I choose to hang, and

2) How do I keep whatever I hang from clashing with the duvet/looking too busy?

Most of my wall art is made up of prints and photos in frames, but I'd be open to anything: mirrors, textiles, shelves...

I'm not at all attached to the tiny bookshelf next to the bed, either; it's just what we had on hand. I'd be open to recommendations on that, too!

Thanks so much, everyone...I'm such a novice at all this, so really appreciate your advice!!

Comments (7)