SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boxerpal

Engineered hardwood?

Boxerpal
6 years ago

Hello Houzz fans,

What is your experience with Engineered Hardwood floors? What do you love, dislike or wish you did differently?

Has anyone used Vosges Mountain Oak ( French Oak) 6 inches wide? Engineered hardwood collection? I don't have a photo.

We are also looking at UA floors Flanders Oak 1/8, 7 inches wide plank Parisian Collection photo below. It is a lovely option. This image looks smooth but it is has texture and is a wire brushed wide plank.

The 3rd choice below is also by UA. An engineered hardwood Maple French Roast 4.5 inch This one is smoother and very pretty. The image looks like a texture but it is really smoother than the other options.

We are also looking at a 4th option called Norwood Hill Fine Flooring solutions Color Queens New York Birch 3/8 by 5 inches wide. Maybe you have heard of these brands and can recommend.

All four options are engineered hardwood. My kitchen is going to be white shaker with a navy blue island, stainless appliances and I am not sure on the countertops yet, I am meeting with the fabricator and stone yard tomorrow. I love the look of smooth but perhaps a texture of scrapped or wire brushed might last longer on the floors. Just curious if anyone has used any of these brands.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have.

boxerpal

Comments (9)