SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyonkilm

Master Bath Reno

K Waite
6 years ago
We are planning to remodel our master bath later this year or early next year and I want to get some ideas going to start planning. Budget is pretty open right now. We also are able to diy many things along with my dad that has been in construction 40+ years. We definitely need to fix some things left from the previous owner.

There is an opening into the closet of another bedroom where they made a pass through and used the entire extra bedroom as a closet. We will close this wall and return the bedroom to normal when we remodel.

There is no door on the bathroom except for the barn door which was poorly executed in my opinion. I want an actual door somewhere.

Previous owner also took all the doors off the cabinets above toilets and did not keep them. I hate having open storage there. I want doors or no cabinets there at all.

I want to repurpose the extra vanity area into maybe a closet or storage, but not sure what/how It’s currently a waste of space that never gets used. This is the area on the left in the floor plan, just a roughly 5x7 open area with a vanity and mirror above.

We like the current size and layout and do not want to move plumbing since we are on a slab foundation. However, I’m ok with modifications needed to change the tub/shower combo into a shower only.

Needs:
1. Take out tub and replace with a shower only
2. Repurpose vanity area
3. Towel/extra storage with doors
4. Taller than average vanity

Any ideas, recommendations, etc?

Comments (9)