SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

Please help me grill. Tips and All Recipes appreciated!

2ManyDiversions
6 years ago

Hi all! I know not all read my posts or every word, so briefly – we are demolishing and renovating our kitchen (and other areas of the house and yard). It will take us about a year for this phase. We work full-time and are doing much of the demo/reno ourselves on the weekends, so I’m looking for easy, and at times, quick. We aren't big dessert eaters, but even dessert recipes appreciated.

I will have the following at my disposal to help in any grilling if needed: Microwave, electric skillet (and I’ll post a separate thread on electric skillet recipes), a very old, weak, and not terribly useful toaster oven, and a crock pot (oh, that thread is coming too!). Much of my cookware is now packed. But not all! And I do have one of these grill pans:

Photos for uploading · More Info

I am old-er (or old-ish, if you prefer), new to grilling, but not as new as DH.

What I can grill (it’s a gas, 3 burner with a side burner for pans, of which I have only one unpacked…sauce pan):

• Pizzas (thanks to help here on GW… ann_t)
  • Hamburgers
  • Ribs (just learned!)
  • Hot dogs
  • Corn on the cob

For what it’s worth, I can’t cook chicken on the grill. It’s always tough, stringy. I can also cook shrimp, but not well.

…and that’s all. I can’t even seem to get steak right (it looks right, it’s just not, and we prefer mid-rare). We can’t really afford to eat steak all the time, anyway ; )

Any help on tips, heat - temperatures, times, recipes – meats, veggies, anything! I’d also love help on grilling large pieces of meat (have a freezer) but need guidance.

I’d be most grateful for any advice and all recipes!

Comments (34)