Please help me grill. Tips and All Recipes appreciated!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (34)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Please help me figure out how I ruined this recipe
Comments (10)Petra: Hi , Your recipe is similiar to mine except for a few minor changes. I put on the toppings when ready to serve. I don't know if you are trying to make a Cheesecake or not. Here is my Cheesecake Recipe LouÂs Fluffy Cheesecake Ingredients: 6 extra large eggs, Separated 1 cup of Vanilla Ice Cream 1 ¼ Cups of Sugar 1 /4 pound of Butter (softened in micro wave and let cool but still soft) 2 packs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. ( 16 Oz. )At room temp. Sugar ¾ cup for Batter and ½ cup for egg whites 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice 6 Tablespoons of Orange juice2 teaspoons of Vanilla flavor Grate the skin of one orange , with a hand grater, fine side. ( 2 tablespoons ) 2 heaping tablespoons of AP flour ¼ cup of Cornstarch Beat the egg whites, until they start to peak. Add the ½ cup of Sugar, A little at a time, at a medium speed for 1 minute. Beat for another 3 minutes, or until they hold stiff peaks. Put aside, until the batter is mixed. In a bowl large enough to hold the batter and beaten egg whites, Add the 6 egg yolks, Cream Cheese, ¾ cup of Sugar, Lemon juice, Orange Juice, Softened butter, Vanilla flavor, Flour , Ice Cream and grated Orange skin. Beat this for 3 to 4 minutes, until smooth, add Cornstarch and mix on low speed 1 minute. Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the cake batter, using a rubber spatula. Then fold in the remaining egg whites , very easily but well. Pour this into a 10 inch Spring Form Pan that has a Graham Cracker crust, on the bottom. A tip for the Spring Form Pan. Turn the bottom over so the recessed part is under. Makes is easier to get under the Cake to remove. I place the bottom on 2 pencils. Makes it the right height, to lock the side piece. Place into a pre heated 320 degree oven on the middle shelf. I use a Baking Stone Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until the top is a Golden tan ( not Dark Tan !!! ) Turn the oven off but leave the cake in, until it cools down. When cooled down, cover the top with Aluminum Foil and refrigerate, for at least 1 hour. You can add a topping of your choice , a Pineapple Sauce, preserves, thickened peach pie filling , etc. OK for freezing. LOU...See Moreplease help me find a recipe (Sherry's Carrot Cake)
Comments (17)Note that the leavening is baking soda...and as of NOW the directions in also say soda instead of powder as in the first I posted....and now I will correct it on my copy too!!! Carrot cake Julie Ts 3 eggs 3/4 cup vegetable oil 3/4 cup buttermilk 2 cups sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 cups flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 3/4 teaspoon salt 2 tsps cinnamon 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained 2 cups grated carrots 1/2 cup raisins chopped with 1 Tablespoon of flour Buttermilk glaze 1/2 cup sugar 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/4 cup buttermilk 1/4 cup butter 1 Tblsp light corn syrup 1 tsp vanilla Orange Cream Cheese Frosting 1/2 cup softened butter 4 oz softened cream cheese 1 tsp vanilla 3 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp orange juice 1 tsp grated orange rind Preheat oven to 350 With a mixer Beat eggs, add oil and buttermilk, sugar and vanilla. beat to combine. Stir together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda and stir into batter. stir in pineapple, carrots and raisins. Pour into a greased 8 by 13 pan or 2 greased round 9 inch cake pans. Bake 35 to 45 minutes until set in the middle. Remove from the oven and immediatly spread with the buttermilk glaze. Cool completely and frost with the cream cheese frosting. Buttermilk glaze: In a medium sauce pan ( don't use a small pan) combine all ingredients but vanilla. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes stirring often...it will bubble a lot. It should be a light caramel color, stir in vanilla and pour over the cake Cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until light add vanilla powd. sugar and juice and rind...beat until smooth and frost the cooled cake....See MoreAll-holiday party recipe ideas please!
Comments (8)You could have a big platter of fresh sliced cantaloupe and watermelon, heart-shaped cookies, sweet potato casserole or candied yams, cranberry congealed salad and of course, a birthday cake. This pineapple casserole is delicious with ham: Pineapple Cheese Casserole Yields: 12 servings "Pineapple chunks baked with Cheddar cheese, and topped with a buttery cracker crust." 3 (15 ounce) cans pineapple chunks 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 8 tablespoons pineapple juice 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup white sugar 30 buttery round crackers, crushed (Ritz crackers) 1/2 cup butter, sliced 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. In a large bowl combine pineapple chunks, cheese, pineapple juice, flour and sugar. Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with crushed crackers and butter slices. 3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes....See MoreGrilling sweet potatoes - any tips?
Comments (9)The problem I have when making fried potatoes from raw potatoes inside, on the stove, is they stick to the pan, and burn on the outside before cooking through, which I have always atributed to the sugar/starch content of the potato. I don't want potatoes swimming in oil so I usually fry up already baked or boiled potatoes from last night's dinner when I make homefries. I'm thinking I need to parboil at least, since if I slice the sweet potatoes really thin, which is what you need to do with homefries, they won't be easy to do on the grill. Actually, I'm thinking of microwaving them, even less heat in the kitchen from that! Slowlane, I wouldn't use OJ to cook them in, although I could be completely wrong. All I know is with beans, acid solutions render their skins impervious and they never cook. I made black bean soup once by dumping all the ingredients in a pot to cook, including the vinegar, and I cooked it for maybe six hours or more adding tons of water, and the beans were still hard. I'm not sure the effects of acid on cooking potatoes. You might try adding grated orange rind though. Oddly enough, I have a ton of that!...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago2ManyDiversions thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago2ManyDiversions thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

MOVINGRelocating Help: 8 Tips for a Happier Long-Distance Move
Trash bags, houseplants and a good cry all have their role when it comes to this major life change
Full Story
LIFE12 House-Hunting Tips to Help You Make the Right Choice
Stay organized and focused on your quest for a new home, to make the search easier and avoid surprises later
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: Imagine It Empty and More Tips of the Week
Home projects from the past week can help you break through a creative block
Full Story
ORGANIZINGDo It for the Kids! A Few Routines Help a Home Run More Smoothly
Not a Naturally Organized person? These tips can help you tackle the onslaught of papers, meals, laundry — and even help you find your keys
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES10 Tips to Maximize Your Whole-House Remodel
Cover all the bases now to ensure many years of satisfaction with your full renovation, second-story addition or bump-out
Full Story
KITCHEN STYLESDesign Recipe: How to Create a Transitional-Style Kitchen
Get tips on paint colors, cabinet styles, backsplash materials and more
Full Story
MOST POPULARContractor Tips: Top 10 Home Remodeling Don'ts
Help your home renovation go smoothly and stay on budget with this wise advice from a pro
Full Story
MOVINGHouzz Call: What’s Your Best Downsizing Tip?
Deciding what to say goodbye to can be hard, which is why we want to hear your hard-won wisdom. Please share your advice
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGWhen You Need Real Housekeeping Help
Which is scarier, Lifetime's 'Devious Maids' show or that area behind the toilet? If the toilet wins, you'll need these tips
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSEA Designer’s Top 10 Tips for Increasing Home Value
These suggestions for decorating, remodeling and adding storage will help your home stand out on the market
Full Story


Islay Corbel