SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdemonti

How to organize my kitchen specification?

tdemonti
6 years ago

When we meet with contractors for a full kitchen remodel, we tell them what we want. When we receive the proposals, some of what we want is included, and much not. It's as if they don't hear us. When I want to add our preferences back into the plan, they say it can be done. BUT, we've had two contractors back out. Fool me once. Fool me twice.

items include a partial wall cap to match the cabinets, window trim stained to match the sash, hinging cabinets over a peninsula a certain way, or an acrylic countertop with integrated drainboard and coved 2" backsplash. Finding the right sink/faucet and sufficient space from the wall. The fabricator is very accommodating.

I agree that these are details, but don't think any of what we are asking for is odd. I keep hearing the term "standard" but it can't be defined. Plus, I don't want to assume that, since these details were discussed, that is what I will find when I arrive home from work. Cost is not a factor.

Before embarking on this adventure again, I want to type out a sheet of paper with the details to be included a proposal.

My question is, how do I organize this in a way to align with contractor-think?

Comments (26)