SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wind_rocker50

Bath tub overflow

David Burgess
6 years ago

Hello everyone, been a while since I posted but I just bought a 1998 28x52 Skyline Brookstone on an acre with masonry skirting. It is a nice looking home with great curb appeal. I intend to rent it out after paint, new laminate flooring and a new packaged heat pump system.

The thing that worries me is the bath tubs, there is no overflow drain on the regular tub or the whirlpool corner tub in the master bath. There is evidence that the regular tub has been allowed to overflow in the past. Has anyone retrofitted an overflow drain to these tubs?

The garden tub had been painted white except for the tub interior which was yellow. I thought the yellow was the original color until I tried to remove the paint with Citristrip. Turns out it was originally white and the stripper made a mess of the plastic tub. I'm picking up a new white fiberglass corner tub tomorrow and I intend to install the pump and jets from the old tub in the new tub. It would be a great time to install an overflow if such a thing were available. Since the new garden tub has a center drain it would have to be plumbed in separately from the bottom drain.

Thanks

Comment

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH