SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_giorgi90

How Would You Fix The Front Of This House?

Paul Salgado
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are considering a 'fixer upper' in our area. It's in a great neighborhood and seems to have good bones but we are stuck on how we could fix the outside (on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate this house's curb appeal?). We wouldn't have the budget to make any major changes to the outside (think: easy landscaping, new paint (white?), door/lights, shutters, *maybe new windows*), but I'd love to hear some thoughts on how you would refresh its look.

(House needs a ton of work done inside too... you can see the listing here if any of you are intrigued and want to provide more feedback). Do you think we'd get away with trying to copy the style of the inspiration pic below? My gut is telling my this isn't the type of brick house to paint white (but I'd love a second opinion). I also really wish the big room on the right had a gable (and no dormer!), but I doubt we'd have the budget to fix that.

This isn't the worst house I've ever seen but its lacking some major curb appeal in my opinion... let me know your thoughts! Bonus points if you want to chat about improvements on the inside (I have a lot more ideas there)

P.S. we are not professional house flippers, but after successfully reno-ing our current home are open to the idea of doing another.

Comments (30)