SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinalee1678

Help with grout colour please

Christina Lee
6 years ago

Hi All,

Hope you can help me finally arrive at a grout color for my bathroom floor, Mapei/Custom/TEC - whichever has the colour that will work best.

I do not want high contrast and the base of this tile is relatively white compared to other more variegated carrara tiles I have seen on Houzz and Pinterest pics. So I'm shying away from Delorean Gray, Mapei silver, even Custom platinum seems a bit dark for my likIng, I want a soft grey, not white for the sake of upkeep, that will not blur/blend so much that it creates a mucky look, but also will not be a stark dark outline as I'm not going for a super retro look either.

However, the popular light greys are still leaving me uncertain as some of them seem to be too taupe/brown for the tone of my tile.

I am considering Mapei "Rain" however I see almost no reference to this being used in the bloggesphere which worries me...perhaps it is too blue? I think it may be simlar to Custom's Platinum as they seem very close on the paper pamphlets, but I don't have a stick of Platinum. I also kind of like Mapei "Cobblestone" however again it is hardly ever referenced online compared to warm grey, platinum, and even Frost, which seems too white for me.

This pic shows a few sticks that I have on hand...from L to R in the photo are: Mapei frost, Warm Grey (paper strip), Cobblestone, TEC silverado, Rain, Platinum (paper strip).

My first instinct is that Rain best matches the colour tone of the grey in the tile but worry it is too blue. I also like cobblestone for a warmer look but thne worry it may read as too brown/greige. Why is this so difficult??? It was easier to name my children!

Does anyone have photos of similar toned tile, grouted? Would love to see your pics and hear what grout you used. Also if anyone has used Rain or Cobblestone with any tile, pleaes also share pics so I can see this in an actual application vs. Just a sample stick.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!