SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keen10138

Peas 2018 Here We Come!

What Peas are you growing this year? When do you plan to plant?

So i planted most of my peas today direct seeded. Just planted, did not water.

If weather is good i will finish planting them tomorrow. Looks like i might be able to squeeze in a few more depending.

I still need to plant the Nap Gene (potential open keel trait)* one. And i might be able to plant both Templeton's Delta Dusk and Heather maybe. I might also try to squeeze in those orc gene peas (orange cotyledons) that may have higher beta carotene. And that's basically it. Room for two more for sure, room for 4-5 more max.

I planted these ones today shortest to tallest:
Super Dwarf:
Mighty Midget
Orange-pod
Short-ish:
"Joseph's" Red Snap (last year my earliest variety other than super dwarfs) (perhaps it is time to rename this as it's not really Joseph's. only descended from his original work and highly selected by me for good red color. But i'm lazy so that is still my current unofficial name).

[blank spot]

Medium:
Large Podded
Wrinkled Seeds (selected from unknowns)
Purple Passion hybrid*
"Joseph's" Yellow-Podded (most wrinkled seeds)(perhaps it is time to rename this as it's not really Joseph's. only descended from his original work. But I'm lazy so that is still my current unofficial name).
Jupiter
[Blank Spot]
TALL:
Joni's Taxi
Purples (most wrinkled seeds)
True Mummys
Biskopens Hybrids
Heavily-Branched (a rogue last year that may have been my most productive variety from one single plant! had 5 tillers! Each was massively productive!)

Comments (8)