SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mread35

Tried Homemade Ravioli for First Time.... Need Help! :)

Mark Read
6 years ago

I tried recently tried to make homemade lobster ravioli for the first time. I tried to do this by hand completely (no roller - I've ordered an attachment for my mixer, but don't have it yet). The results were disappointing. I used the basic pasta dough recipe - Mario Battali's from Food Network site, but it's very similar to many other recipes I've seen (3 cups flour, salt, 4 eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil as optional). I did let the dough rest at room temp and then in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes in total (10 min at room temp first). The dough seemed okay to work with - very tedious process, but it went okay. The results seemed to be a more dumpling/gummy texture ravioli. The flavors were good, but texture was disappointing. In reading a few old threads here, i'm surmising that my main issue was probably that I didn't make it thin enough. Secondly, I see the suggestion for 00 flour. Any other ideas from what I described? I want to keep trying, but unlike improving upon other cooking adventures, I'm not real sure what to tweak (other than what I've mentioned already - the dough roller attachment should help me with the thickness).

Thanks,

Mark

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz